Re: Browser sniff for Stylesheet determination

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2000 00:45:10 -0400
 To:  "Tammy Scroggs" <tscroggs(at)blackandblueink.com>,
<hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> I'd like to do a browser sniff and have the results of that check
> determine the appropriate style sheet to be pulled for use with that
> page

This actually is very easy to do both on the server with ASP, and on the
client with script.

Although I have done this often in the past, i don't bother any more, I just
write a style sheet that gives a reasonablee presentation in both major
browsers, and which degrades gracefully.

Manyof the major sites including Microsoft and Netscape make wide use of
Browser sniffing.

Frank