Re: printing CSS pages?

by "Nick Doylend" <ndoylend(at)hashishin.net>

 Date:  Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:41:35 +0100
 To:  "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>,
<hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Great!  That appears to have done the trick, my radio buttons look
fantastic!

The background image I've used still doesn't print properly though (I just
get a small rectangle containing part of the image).  However it's not
really a problem, I can simply remove it as it's just window dressing.

In my table I've used:

<.TD CLASS="header" ALIGN="center"><.H1>Department of Civil &
Construction<.BR> Engineering<./H1><./TD>

And my style sheet includes:

.HEADER   { background: #333366 url(cityscape.jpg) center no-repeat; color:
#ffffff; }

In an attempt to get the image as a background to my header text.  The fact
that it displays fine but doesn't print is probably due to my dodgy
non-standard technique and IE's dodgy non-standard implementation of CSS.
If it's easily fixable great, otherwise I'm not going to lose sleep over it!

Thanks for your help and prompt reply!

Nick Doylend
Department of Civil & Construction Engineering
UMIST