Re: Stacking multiple images on left, text on right, with CSS 1

by "Bruce Klaiss" <harper(at)dbtech.net>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:23:44 -0500
 To:  "firespring" <firespring(at)nfx.net>
 Cc:  "HWG style" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Rick,

> All I get when I click on the link in your message is Yahoo's "can't find
> this page" message, which redirects me to another page so fast that all
> I have time to see is that it thinks it can't find "primary.css".

(Dopeslapping myself)  I don't believe I did that!  I apologize to the list
for the irritation.  I put the thing up late last night, with a break in the
action to rock my infant son down.  The style sheet is now on the site, as
well as having the page itself cleaned up by removing all the table
references I'm trying to ditch.  I've just checked the thing live, and it
works...at least in the way that I'm asking about solving (grin).  The link,
again, is:  http://www.geocities.com/kschombergklaiss/stylesheettest.htm .

> If you're using a combination of embedded style sheets with external
> style sheets, that is likely one source of your problem. The two types
> are known to NOT work well together.

Shouldn't be a problem on that; I only use references to the primary.css
file.

> Your problem may also be partly related
> to your using mixed units of measure (i.e., inches and points). This also
> is known to cause layout problems.

Now there may be a thought here.  My pictures are all measured in pixels,
but my style measurements are in inches.  Worth a try, if nothing else.