Re: Trying to get rid of <hr /> in XHTML pages

by "Rod Hutson" <rbhutson(at)ieee.org>

 Date:  Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:47:04 -0700
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Timothy,

Whether its worth it or not, here's a method I've seen used a lot of
recently that seems to replace the <hr> tag:

border-bottom:1px dotted black;

Just include this in the class or div declaration in your CSS for the
element its applied to and a nice dotted line will appear.  Adjust your
padding, border width, border color, as well as line type (dotted, dashed,
solid, etc) to get the horizontal rule the way you want it.

It works in MSIE 5.5, and in NS6 - not sure about the older browsers, except
that I know NS4.7 and older won't show it.

Hope this helps...

Rod