Re: Tables, backgrounds, HTML4, and, of course, style sheets...

by "David Meadows" <david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:51:30 -0000
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Paul Tyng <paul.tyng(at)dealerkid.com> wrote:

> even shorter:
>
> TD {background-color: #F2F2B3}
> TD.top1 {background-image: URL(graphics/top1.gif) }
> TD.left, TD.right {background-image: URL(graphics/legalpad_05.gif) }

Well, the images for TD.left and TD.right have slightly different file names
(legalpad_05.gif and legalpad_05a.gif) so this solution wouldn't do what Jim
intended.

Apart from that, it's perfectly valid CSS and would work perfectly :-)

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david(at)heroes.force9.co.uk

"I must Create a System or be enslav'd by another Man's.
 I will not Reason and Compare: my business is to Create"
        -- William Blake