Re: HR styles (was: CSS Questions)

by "Mike Hopkins" <ironmike(at)ia.net>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 1999 17:10:06 -0500
 To:  "Styles" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry folks, but I can't get _any_ CSS to work on <HR> in Netscape
4.07, and "size" becomes "height" in IE5.

Also, the references I use all show that Netscape does not recognize
styles for <HR> on Netscape.

     HTML The Definitive Guide, 3rd ed., Musciano and Kennedy;
O'Reilly & Assoc. (1998)
     HTML 4.0 Sourcebook, Graham; Wiley Computer Publishing (1998)
     HTML 4 for the World Wide Web, a Visual Quickstart Guide, Castro;
Peachpit Press (1998)

One reason for the poor support, I feel, is that stylesheets should
make the <HR> obsolete WHEN THE BORDER PROPERTY IS FULLY SUPPORTED. It
will only be necessary to create a box with a top border specified to
produce a line across the page.

Of course, that isn't available yet.
Mike Hopkins
...now the Father of a Student Teacher,