Re: hwg-style-digest V1 #26

by "Frani Ciesielski" <franic(at)qis.net>

 Date:  Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:05:11 -0500
 To:  <hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  <apeekstok(at)home.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Try adding font-size: to your P style, NN does not inherit from the BODY
style.

HTH,
Frani

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:07:59 -0800
From: Anna Peekstok <apeekstok(at)home.com>
Subject: Font Size Mystery (Windows)

Hello,

I haven't seen any activity on this list since joining last week, but hope
someone is out there who can help with a mystery I've encountered.

I designed a site using CSS for a client (www.dustystrings.com).

I used javascript to link to a style sheet depending on browser type.
Everything works fine on my Mac, but Windows users all seem to see a
different text font size depending on whether the text is in a table or not.
Also, text in tables responds to text size increase/decrease commands as
expected, while text outside of tables does not.

An example might be the price list located at
http://www.dustystrings.com/building/harp_prices.shtml

I can't be certain because I don't have a Windows machine, but I believe
that on such machines the text at the top of the page, before the first
table tag, is a different size than that in the table below, and is
unresponsive to font change commands, while the text in the table is
responsive.

This seems to be the case whether the viewer is using Netscape, Explorer, or
the AOL browser, but only with Windows (including NT).

Any ideas?

Anna Peekstok
Seattle, WA

Is your business on the "Sunny Side"?
SunnySideBiz.com
http://www.sunnysidebiz.com

DragonFly Web Design
http://www.dragonflyweb.com

Need a Laugh? Sunny Side Jokes & Chuckles
http://www.sunnysidebiz.com/tforum0915/

Member HTML Writer's Guild
http://www.hwg.org