Re: style Sheet Form Input Control

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:30:37 -0800
 To:  "Jason Peters" <JPeters(at)improveline.com>,
"HWG Style Sheets Mail List \(E-mail\)" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jason,

First, PLEASE do not cross-post. We've recently talked about that, so I
won't go any further than to say that you should post to one group, then
another, either separately or in a reworded request if the info you want
doesn't come in.

Second, paraphrased from the well-written CASCADING STYLE SHEETS by Eric
Meyer from O'Reilly, pages 161 and 162:
INPUT.radio {color: #666666;}
INPUT.check {color: #CCCCCC;}

<.input type="radio" name="r2" value="a" class="radio">
<.input type="checkbox" name="c3" value="one" class="check">

results in a dark grey radio button and a light grey checkbox.

You can also do this as:
INPUT[type="radio"] {color: #666666;}
INPUT[type="checkbox"] {color: #cccccc;}

<.input type="radio" name="r2" value="a">
<.input type="checkbox" name="c3" value="one">

The former is CSS1, the latter is CSS2.

I couldn't find any other data regarding the use of borders or other
appearance tricks.

Hope this helps!
Kehvan M. Zydhek