Re: Aggressive CSS

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:20:47 -0400
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Carole A. Gay <carole(at)designs.com>
>One of the things that I do successfully that others find "impossible"
>is give my tables background images.  My CSS may be a bit cludgy, but I
>think that as long as it gives the look and feel I want, that doesn't
>matter, either.  FWIW, I have a very good example at
>http://www.phoenixtextiles.com/carole/3t.html.

I am not sure the "look and feel" I saw is what you intended. At the page
above, your fabric background image is not solely just inside the bordered
tables, for in some places of the page, the fabric background is showing up
only on the right half of the blue body background and in one instance, just
the right half of a table.

<http://www.ssswebworks.com/cssphoenix.htm>

This was viewed in IE4.0 (4.71). I realize the CSS issues, therefore it's
why I choose not to implement css so thoroughly right now.  I thought the
screen shots above would be of some interest to you and others, in case you
weren't aware of the inconsistencies.

--
Cindy K. Stanley, SSS
Stanley Support Service