Re: Aggressive CSS

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:08:18 -0400
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Carole A. Gay <carole(at)designs.com>
>Thanks for the heads up on this.  It is new to me.  I think it may be a
>Prodigy problem.

I don't think Prodigy would have anything to do with Internet Explorer
browser. I do not use a *special* type of IE or anything, as opposed to some
used by an AOL account. Prodigy simply gives me my connection to the
Internet, but the IE browser is my choice and downloaded by myself. I also
use NS 4.61 to test web sites, and I downloaded that myself from Netscape
site. I did not get the intended results viewing the page in NS either.
Instead, the fabric background takes the whole page, body background and
table cell backgrounds:

<http://www.ssswebworks.com/cssNSphoenix.htm>

... going back to stick with my original thoughts of using CSS. For me, it's
just too soon to implement CSS thoroughly, not knowing my targeted
audience's browser versions.