Re: font-weight: bold

by "Steve Baty" <steve(at)redsquare.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:48:24 +1000
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Strictly speaking, font-weight can accept "bold, bolder, lighter, normal,
100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900";
font-style should only be used for italic, normal and oblique (IE only -
treated as same as italic).

So, since you are following the spec correctly, I'd agree with whoever it
was that said you are probably using a font tag in there somewhere which IE
is rendering in preference to the style information.

Cheers

Steve Baty
Technical Designer
Red Square Productions