Re: Text and fixation of layer bottoms

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:51:38 -0800
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikael_Bystr=F6m?= <sunergy(at)mac.com>,
"Hwg style" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>,
"Dreamweaver Talk" <dreamweaver(at)blueworld.com>,
"hwg tech" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Damn, I just KNOW this will go to both lists because of the reply line, but
maybe that's for the best.

Is it too much to ask that we NOT post the same message to multiple HWG
lists at the same time? I belong to four of the lists, two of them being HWG
Style Sheets and HWG Techniques. I've recently reinstalled my system and
re-enabled my mailsorting rules, but these duplicitous posts are wreaking
havoc! Styles gets sorted first, so ALL mail with "hwg-style" in it goes to
Styles. The replies to these double posts get sorted appropriately into
Techniques or Styles (or Styles alone, TWICE, if both lists are in the
respond line). I know I'm whining here (where's my cheese?), but really, is
it THAT necessary to double post? The Styles list was (to my understanding)
for CSS-related stuff, and the Techniques list was for functionality stuff.
They're completely separate, even if the two DO frequently go hand-in-hand.
It would be nice if we could just post that which is relevant to the list we
post to.

This all seems to have been started by Mr. Ego-Trip regarding "The Perfect
Site" -- you'd think that with all his touting about how it had to be pure
HTML (maybe he espoused more, I skipped all the messages once it got to
being a rediculous argument over advertising, cost of sites, and
"professors"), that he could have posted it to a list more appropriate than
the Style Sheet list. But that's past.

The email below, which was sent Sunday (but I'm just getting to today
because of my system rebuild) was also double posted. It's focusing on
layers, which DO fit both categories, but in my opinion alone, is more
suited to Techniques, since tables and such are included. Maybe I didn't
read it thoroughly enough.

But back to my point, I can't see any good reason for dual (or more) posts
simultaneously to multiple lists. If it's really that important for the same
message to show on more than one list, post them independently of each
other. Please.

Kehvan