Re: Positioning confusion

by Gerhard Schoening <g.sch(at)onlinehome.de>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:20:19 +0200
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi ,

On Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 17:52 you wrote:

> Hi All,

> I have a picture aligned left and some text on the right within a <.td>.
> The last part of the text is a list, and at some screen resolutions the
> last <.li> isn't aligned under the previous <.li>, but all the way to
> the left under the picture.

> What's the "best" way to keep the whole block of text (includes <.h3>,
> <.p> and <.ul>) together?

> I don't want to use hspace for the image because I want it aligned at
> the top of the <.td>

> Should I create a class for the image with a large bottom margin? or is
> there a way to enclose the text within a div or a span that can float(?)
> to the right of the picture no matter the window size?

> Positioning has ALWAYS given me a headache, I'm so tempted to add
> another <.td> 'cause I know I can make that work, but ultimately I would
> like to wean myself from tables altogether.

Do you have a URL pointing to a (small) test case page so we
can have a look at code and style?

I've done a lot of CSS-only design/layout tests recently to
get rid of layout tables... ;)

Regards,
Gerhard

Gerhard Schoening:

Community & Portal Websites in PHP & MySQL
http://www.cp-web.com

Bilingual Web Design and Programming
http://www.schoening-online.com