RE: Solution - A Perfect Web Site!

by =?iso-8859-1?q?andy=20dunbar?= <krone9(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 13 Feb 2001 04:23:09 -0800 (PST)
 To:  "Sathish C. Bramhan" <sathish(at)bramhan.net>,
"David R. Longnecker" <davidl(at)magictechnologies.net>
 Cc:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>, HWG Style <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
sorry mate, if anyone's talking crap its you

if you work on sites as big as you say and you use
validators to test then I'm sorry but I'd class you as
a rank amateur.

I work on sites ten times (if not more) bigger than
those you work on and I set up environments to test on
- eg IE on Pc, Netscape on PC, to cover around 90% of
the prospective audience.

a perfect website to me is one which matches perfectly
the clients needs - ie the prospective audience gets
the best viewing experience possible, and this
audience is targeted via browser, os and platform
support as best as is possible within the development
budget. I personally would not class developing for
each variant of the netscape DOM as a worthwhile use
for a clients budget. Many of the sites I produce are
IE only or support 90% of the browser audience, based
on the most reliable demographics I can find.

so to hear from someone who clearly thinks of
themselves as 'web design elite' and then tells me
they use a validator not a proper testing platform is,
to be frank, amusing to say the least

@ndy Dunbar