Re: CSS, Javascript and Browser Detection

by Andrej Kostresevic <temporalassassin(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:50:22 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  Rick Jones <RJones(at)NAHRO.org>,
"'hwg-style(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is one way of doing this. However, it limits you to serving only
browser compatible css, leaving html and javascript the same for all
visitors.
I took care of this issue once by doing browser and screen-size detection
server side(asp), and then using the corresponding XSLT
template/stylesheet to process the XML data that was the same for all
cases(per page).
I think this is the best way to approach this issue, provided you have the
time and resources.
This can also be done client-side, but works only for clients that support
XSLT.
Andrej