Re: Apply style to groups of info or to things that need the style?

by Complex <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
 To:  HWG Style <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Okay, I understood and agreed with everything you said up to here. (My
summary: Name styles based on what they affect, not what they do. That
gives you styles for specific parts of the page, giving you more
control.)

But then you say you avoid defining colors and alignments in your
classes. Why? Do you mean colors and alignments that aren't part of a
generalized format (in which case I understand), or do you mean all
colors and alignements?

Thanks again,
complex

--- Tim Luoma <luomat(at)peak.org> wrote:
<snip>
> So in general I try to avoid using colors or alignments or anything
> else
> in my class definitions.
>
> TjL
>
> ps - if you need help understanding some CSS semantics, checkout the
> SelectOracle at http://gallery.theopalgroup.com/selectoracle/ or via
> the
> Sidebar interface at (warning, shamelessplug alert:)
> http://www.tntluoma.com/sidebars/selectoracle/

=====
Note:  Any HTML I've typed probably contains spaces or periods to break it in HTML-capable mail readers. (e.g.   <.H1>Like This< /H1>  )