Re: Fwd: Are there authoring tools that support CSS2

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Aug 1999 06:05:24 -0400
 To:  Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I do all my CSS editing with the vi editor, and
>so I don't have any useful recommendations on authoring tools --
>can anyone make a recommendation?

You may want to consider Nick Bradbury's "TopStyle"
(http://www.bradsoft.com/topstyle/index.asp), currently in version 1.01. If
you're familiar with Homesite for HTML editing, you will find TopStyle has
a similar feel. TopStyle can be easily configured to display either CSS 1
or CSS 2 properties/values and has a "style checker" that will test your
CSS definitions against any or all of the folowing: CSS 1, CSS 2, IE 3, IE
4, IE 5, NN 4 and Opera 3.5.

Another feature is TopStyle's abilty to use either IE 4/5 or Netscape's
"Gecko" as your internal browser. TopStyle can also install links to any
browser installed on your system for use as an external viewer.

The software is a little pricier than some other available CSS editors, but
has a large package of features and development potential that I believe
make it a good investment.

Best wishes,

Mark Horvath
--