a perfect web site (again)

by Mike Cunningham <mike(at)imagebusiness.com>

 Date:  Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:56:47 -0400
 To:  hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry to bring this up again but I was never happy with the solution
originally proposed for this problem. The idea of putting each image into a
separate layer is, to say the least, shoddy (plus presumably does nothing
for retro-browsers). I found a discussion of this problem on evolt:

http://evolt.org/article/Does_Netscape_6_Break_Your_Table_Layouts/17/4427/ev
olt.org

Someone suggests applying a

display: block

style to the images in the table cells (they found this suggestion in
bugzilla). Another person says that this strategy fixes the problem in ns6
but breaks it in ns4. Now in my personal experimentation, I found that it
does indeed fix the problem in ns6 but does not break ns4. Has anyone else
had the experience of this causing problems in ns4 or not working in ns6?
Kindly cc me as I am on the digest.

---
Mike Cunningham
www.shinymedia.com