Re: Why oh why oh why??

by Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi(at)gmx.net>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:12:21 +0100
 To:  grandane(at)grandane.com
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
* grandane(at)grandane.com wrote:
>high {background-color: #cocoff;
>        font-weight: bolder;
>        font-style: italic;
>        color: #cooooo;
>       }

"high" selects all <high> elements, if you want to select elements of
class "high" you need to use ".high". Your color specifications are
wrong, you use the letter 'o' instead of the digit '0', thus the color
specifications are ignored.

>Another query I have is re doctype.....for doctype I have used:
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>              "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>
>but in my book it tells me to put _above_ doctype the following:
><?xml version "1.0"?>.......for some reason, don't feel this is correct,
>but then, what do I know...lol!

That's an XML declaration, you are recommended to use it in your
documents and if you do, you must place it at the very beginning
of the document.

regards.