Re: Referencing CSS with Javascript

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:13:14 -0800
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  hwg-style <hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:59 AM 10/03/2000 -0500, firespring wrote:
>I have created pages which change style attributes AFTER the BODY tag has
>been reached. Therefore, what you suggest below cannot be the source of my
>problem.

Also a clearer explanation (or link to info) would be in order. Do you mean
<STYLE> references to
the style in a webpage must be finalized in the HEAD if so then ok, but if
you are talking about
CSS in general then this is very wrong.

as < B STYLE="COLOR: #FF00FF; BACKGROUND: #007700; font-weight: bold;>New
Style</B>

is quite appropriate.

I'm assuming you meant the < STYLE>CSS STUFF HERE</STYLE> designation.

>Rick Johnson
>firespring(at)nfx.net
>
>Mat Gessel wrote:
> >
> > Your syntax is correct, however Netscape will not display style sheet
> > changes once the BODY tag has been reached. All styles must be finalized in
> > the HEAD.
> > --
> > Mat Gessel
> > mat(at)lizardking.com
> > http://www.lizardking.com
> > All I wanted was a Pepsi...
> >
> > > From: firespring <firespring(at)nfx.net>
> > > Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:37:50 -0500
> >
> > > The color: rgb(102,51,0) IS a dark reddish brown and is what I use for my
> > > BODY text in the page. However, the javascript below SHOULD change the
> > > color of the header DIV to red in Netscape. It DOES in IE5. Just not in
> > > Netscape, which is mighty peculiar because I'm using the Netscape object
> > > to set the value of the IE5 object.

.oOo.