RE: Netscape does not support hover - but NN 6.0 will

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:32:49 -0500
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:06 PM 03/24/00 , you wrote:
>Actually actually, hover is not defined as a pseudoclass in the CSS1 spec.
>Only link, visited, and active are. It's a Microsoft invention. But just
>because Micro$oft invented it, doesn't mean it's not cool. And I'm all for
>Netscape implementing it.

Not a Microsoft invention.  For a long time it has been in the CSS2
spec.  Just one of those things that Netscape didn't bother to support in NN4.

>By the way, as an aside, I've read a press release recently that says the
>version number for the next Netscape Browser will be 6.0, not 5.0. Gotta
>love those "marketing upgrades":

You can find more information about this in my weekly newsletter, the
Browser News, at:

     http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/

- Regards, Chuck Upsdell

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)istar.ca or cupsdell(at)torfree.net
Website:   http://home.istar.ca/~cupsdell/