RE: Netscape does not support hover - but NN 6.0 will

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:53:46 -0800
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is OT and not to start any browser wars but just my 2cents.

As a former NN lover, now an IE 5.5 (beta) lover I thinks it's too
bad that NN let themselves fall into the cracks, if only they had
bothered to keep up with things instead of letting IE catch up
and over take them they would still have a great browser.

BUT having said that I have tried Mozilla (forget which model)
and it looks very promising as regards implementing the standards
of HTML 4+ and CSS 2+. *G* unfortunately it kept crashing
on me and had to delete it at the time. Sometimes it takes a
"smack in the head"* to get people back on the right track.

At 01:32 PM 24/03/2000 -0500, Charles A Upsdell wrote:
>At 12:06 PM 03/24/00 , you wrote:
>>Actually actually, hover is not defined as a pseudoclass in the CSS1 spec.
>>Only link, visited, and active are. It's a Microsoft invention. But just
>>because Micro$oft invented it, doesn't mean it's not cool. And I'm all for
>>Netscape implementing it.
>
>Not a Microsoft invention.  For a long time it has been in the CSS2
>spec.  Just one of those things that Netscape didn't bother to support in NN4.
>
>>By the way, as an aside, I've read a press release recently that says the
>>version number for the next Netscape Browser will be 6.0, not 5.0. Gotta
>>love those "marketing upgrades":
>
>You can find more information about this in my weekly newsletter, the
>Browser News, at:
>
>     http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/

*DISCLAIMER: Smack in this sense is in no way to be taken literally,
and DOES NOT in anyway, shape, or form, past, present or future
apply to women (also known as ladies, girls, or females). To do so is
to demean them and bring shame upon us, the male species as a whole,
and disgust towards the individual and is wholly intolerable.
.oOo.