RE: Netscape does not support hover - but NN 6.0 will

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:34:03 -0500
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:53 PM 03/24/00 , you wrote:
>This is OT and not to start any browser wars but just my 2cents.
>
>As a former NN lover, now an IE 5.5 (beta) lover I thinks it's too
>bad that NN let themselves fall into the cracks, if only they had
>bothered to keep up with things instead of letting IE catch up
>and over take them they would still have a great browser.

Agreed.

>BUT having said that I have tried Mozilla (forget which model)
>and it looks very promising as regards implementing the standards
>of HTML 4+ and CSS 2+. *G* unfortunately it kept crashing
>on me and had to delete it at the time. Sometimes it takes a
>"smack in the head"* to get people back on the right track.

I've been using Mozilla M14 for the last week for testing.  Occasional
crashes, but rare.  Seems to implement CSS very well, possibly better than IE5.

However:  Mozilla does some things differently from other browsers - a
difference in interpretation of standards, I think - and every single one
of *my* websites need to be updated to behave well with Mozilla.  I would
suggest that developers get Mozilla when it hits beta - in a week or two I
believe - then try it with their websites and perhaps advise their clients
of any sites that may have to be amended to work well with NN6.

- Regards, Chuck Upsdell

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)istar.ca or cupsdell(at)torfree.net
Website:   http://home.istar.ca/~cupsdell/