Fwd: Launch Newsletter -- April 13, 2000

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:38:08 -0700
 To:  "dreamweaver(at)blueworld.com" <dreamweaver(at)blueworld.com>,
hwg-style(at)hwg.org,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org,
FreeHand-L(at)galileo.admin.uaf.edu
  todo: View Thread, Original
Please note this msg has been cross posted to several lists due to the
nature of the content and interest in the subject. Sorry if you get this
more than once.

The question "Can I protect my artwork from people stealing it or the
code on my webpages ?"

Well this just came to me today from Rocket Download and 'my' now
answer that question with a yes.

I am in no way associated with Rocket Download or anyone else to
do with this program, nor have I tested it myself, nor do/will I receive
any monies from you trying it out.

That said I'd be interested in your reviews on it.

>WebCrypt 2000- :) :) :) :) :)
>Win 95, 98, NT, 2000 (File Size-1.33MB)
>
>Read the full review and download the software:
>http://www.rocketdownload.com/Details/Inte/webcrypt.htm
>
>If you read technology news on a daily basis, you know that
>copyright infringement is a hot issue. While MP3 piracy gets all
>the press, nobody talks about how easy it is to swipe material off
>of Web pages. Anybody with a standard browser can simply
>right-click to grab images, text and multimedia files. This
>problem particularly affects photographers, graphics designers and
>anyone else who strenuously produces work for the Web. To protect
>your digital capital, you'll definitely want to try this download
>from MoonLight Software.
>
>WebCrypt 2000 is capable of encrypting 80 percent of standard HTML
>pages. It secures a wide range of textual and graphic material,
>including most JavaScript. It encrypts code between tags, so
>you'll able to protect your work without sacrificing quality.
>Using the simple interface, you simply import your code from the
>hard drive. Preview the encrypted source code and view the secured
>page in your browser. Then, just save the code as a regular HTML
>document and publish it to the Web. Keep in mind that you'll
>always want to create non-encrypted back ups of your Web pages.
>
>WebCrypt 2000 features a great option called No Right Click. When
>added to your code, surfers won't even be able to right-click on
>the page. Besides protecting your work, WebCrypt 2000 offers a few
>more practical uses. First, it will stop spammers from harvesting
>your e-mail address. The program can also eliminate
>bandwidth-busting linkbacks, and allow you to hide various items
>in your code. SHAREWARE

.oOo.