Re: positioning

by Jim <webmaster(at)>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:43:55 -0800
 To:  "HWG Style" <hwg-style(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:08 PM 3/20/01 , bkrWeb Services tickled the electrons and they
aligned themselves to form these words:
>But what do I put in the tag?
>  Table { text-align: center; } has been suggested.  The problem is that
> centers all the text in the table.  I have a table with left aligned
> text.  I want the text to be left aligned, but the table to be centered.
>[big snip]
>>| Is it possible to center a table using css?  I can do it with
>>| align="center" in the table tag, but can I do it just with css?

You can place the table in a DIV that uses text-align:center and it will
work. Just replace Table with Div in your example above and enclose the
table in DIV tags and it should work just fine,

Jim Parsons
phone: (509) 521-5424
fax: (603) 288-0200