RE: Netscape does not support hover

by Jack Beslanwitch <jack(at)webwitch.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:30:22 -0800
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Bottom line is that A:Hover degrades to Netscape 4.x without a problem and
given that Netscape 5 aka Mozilla does support A:Hover as we speak it will
ultimately become a universally supported standard.

At 11:17 AM 3/23/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>It is frustrating to read the same question again and again, so close
>together in time. I apologize if I offended anyone with my rant. I often
>shoot private emails to members to answer these recurring questions (without
>a rant) as I try to be helpful to members of a list who are so often VERY
>helpful to me. I guess I just got up on the wrong side of the computer this
>morning.
>
>As far as solutions to the hover problem in Netscape, the only ones I've
>seen are complex and buggy uses of layers and javascript. Yuck. Better to
>just give up on hover in Netscape 4.x and below, in my opinion.

Jack Beslanwitch
Domain Name Hosting | Web Design | Graphics
Web Witchery  Consulting http://www.webwitch.com
some of our sites include: http://www.norwescon.org |
http://www.forwriters.com
voice: (206) 723-9906 email: jack(at)webwitch.com