Re: HWG - Mail from HWG lists

by Lourdes Jones <lourdes(at)ljones.com>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:50:54 -0500
 To:  "Dominique Clawson" <Dominique.Clawson(at)colorado.edu>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Dominique,

Wednesday, October 8, 2003, 9:43:42 AM, you wrote:
> I have a suggestion that I think would help me see that this is email
> from an HWG list or member:  Can we put HWG at the beginning of the
> subject of messages sent to the list or to individuals (just like I did
> above)? IMHO, that would reduce the unwitting deletion of messages.

or you could use a filter rule based on the header "Sender:" (view
source to see how your mail comes in). This is often the best way to
filter list messages (providing the list uses that option header).

The rules wizard has/had a setting (something like) "from person or
distribution list".  that's where you'd put what you found from sender.

In the case of hwg-style this that entry would be
"owner-hwg-style(at)hwg.org".  I haven't touched Outlook since Outlook
2000 but I can't believe they removed this functionality.

--
Best regards,
 Lourdes