Re: Removing Auto-Generated Alt Tags

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:09:11 +1100
 To:  fred(at)eatel.net,
"'hwg-style(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:29 11/12/00 -0600, Frederick J. Barnett wrote:
>      Why do you wish to remove the ALT tags? ALT tags are required for
>accessibility (people using screen readers) and for those who browse with
>images off or use a text browser. While using the just the name of the image
>isn't the recommended use, it is better than nothing at all.

In this case accessibility may not be an issue.  If this is for a compiled
HTML help application, then HTML is only an intermediate format and not the
end result.  Believe it or not, there are actually non-web uses for HTML.

I'm not familiar with Robohelp myself since it's predominantly US-based -
perhaps there is a conversion setting that would do the trick.  In
Australia, HDK is more popular.  I must get around to trying out that demo
copy I have :-)

Chris