Re: file/path names

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:40:26 -0700
 To:  "Ed Peddycoart" <ed(at)celticblues.com>,
hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:50 AM 4/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I see the gray strip when viewing in NN4.76, but not the others (IE, N6,
>Opera).  What am I screwing up here?  I thought the paths specified in the
>CSS file would be relative to the html file which links in the css file.

I am not an expert on CSS, but having read and dealt with a similar issue
just recently, my CSS book (O'Reily's) states that image urls in CSS should
be absolute, not relative. (ie.
http://www.something.com/images/background.gif ) or they won't show up on
pages not in the same directory as the CSS file.

And I found that to be accurate, much to my chagrin.

hth

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/