Re: A "Wanna Be" CSS programmer

by "Kevin W. Bishop" <bishopk(at)rpi.edu>

 Date:  Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:35:12 -0500
 To:  "Hwg Style" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Among other things, we sniff for browser type/version and then serve the
appropriate style sheet (and sometimes an alternate HTML file as well).

You could also take advantage of, for instance, Netscape Navigator 4.x's
weaknesses by referencing a style sheet in a way it doesn't understand, and
then in a way it does that is given lesser importance by the other browsers.

Specifically, NN4.x doesn't understand the @import ("cssfile.css");
declaration ...
For more information, see:
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/tohell/
http://www.alistapart.com/stories/journey/

And, of course, glish.com is a good resource too.

Good luck!
-kb