RE: imbedded or external

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:47:35 +0000
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:42 10/02/02 -0600, Geoff Mitchell wrote:
<snip/>
>Is there an advantage to using rgb(x,x,x) over color number/name with
>respect to NN/IE compatibility or any other reason?
<snip/>

I use it because it seems most natural to me. I have a colleague who
prefers the # format. I've never had problems with either method.

You will almost certainly run into problems in the future if you use styles
like

p {color: ffffff}

Strictly speaking, this should be ignored because it is invalid. Browsers
are increasingly likely to ignore invalid CSS rather than error correcting
them.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/