Re: another question about standards

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:48:45 +0000
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:40 21/02/02 -0700, Ann Ezzell wrote:
<snip/>
>Why do they do it this way?

I assume it makes sense to whoever wrote the CSS; all of the headings are
in one chunk, stuff that affects vertical positioning is in another, and so on.

Personally I tend to group all my styles by specificity and sort
alphabetically within elements of equal specificity. This works for me.

Any time you write any style sheet, it is important to get a consistent way
of laying it out. Otherwise maintenance becomes a nightmare.

Andrew