Re: CSS article

by "Kevin W. Bishop" <bishopk(at)rpi.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:53:36 -0400
 To:  "Hwg Style" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

What makes Eric Meyer the most sensible standards evangelist around is his
unsaid motto of "never say never."  (I just had the fortune of meeting
Eric, http://www.highedweb.org/conference02.html , where he elaborated on
many of the same points.)

Note in the article how Eric suggests that those of us who employ "fluid
design" techniques find that rendering surprises in different browsers
actually become part of the design.  I must always remind myself that I
cannot control the user's browsing environment.  So I will not force the
issue and make one size fit all.

For no really good reason at all, I always use EMs.  Why?  Mostly because
they're relative and more accessible, partly because it's an abstract unit
of measurement, funky and unpredictable.

-kb