Re: CSS, floats and NN6

by Gerhard Schoening <g.sch(at)onlinehome.de>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:49:48 +0100
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org,
envoy <envoy(at)dircon.co.uk>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Madeleine,

On Thursday, December 19, 2002 at 11:53 you wrote:

> I have created some pages which use the float property to
> create a three column layout. It is working fine in IE 5
> and Opera and Netscape 7, but in Netscape 6 the colunms
> all appear on top of each other. Have others come across
> this?

Probably, I think... hard to tell what's happening without
the code(s). It's always a good idea to post a URL which
somebody can visit and look at. ;)

> Do people know of a resource where I could find out about
> different browsers support/interpretation of CSS
> properties?

Fine places to start researches:

http://www.webreview.com/style/

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/tests/css2/

http://archivist.incutio.com/css-discuss/
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

http://glish.com/css/
http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/

http://realworldstyle.com/
http://www.mako4css.com/

Regards,
Gerhard

Gerhard Schoening, Web Freelancer
Development of Bilingual Accessible Websites

Redesigned in XHTML 1.0 Strict + CSS 2:
http://www.schoening-online.com

Community & Portal Websites in PHP & MySQL
http://www.cp-web.com