Re: Once again: CSS, no tables, and the new WaSP

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Wed, 19 Jun 2002 10:18:37 -0700
 To:  Gerhard Schoening <g.sch(at)onlinehome.de>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 7:02 PM +0200 6/19/02, Gerhard Schoening wrote:
>  > My own Web site has been redesigned as well to eliminate tables and
>>  use CSS as well; the results can be seen at http://kynn.com/ (not
>>  all the pages on the site are converted over, though).
>
>I viewed the page in IE 6, NS 6.2, Moz 1, Opera 6.0 (and NN
>4.75 just to get the 'unplugged' version, too ;-) ). It
>looks fine in all 4 browsers, with one exception: in NS 6.2,
>the list bullets of section 'Recent Happenings' are pushed
>to the left (both list levels), and the right "edges" of the
>black discs are aligned exactly with the right "border line"
>of the white left 2-pixel border of the section (for all 4
>resolutions) - the circles of the second level items,
>though, are always aligned exactly beneath the 'r' and/or
>'c' of 'March picture dumps'...

Aha!  I will have to investigate this later on.  It's an inconsistency
in padding/margin as I recall, but I forget the specifics.

>PS: when will your CSS book be available?

Next month!  July 11 is the official date.  I am working this month
on the Web site (don't bother looking now) and a "web exclusive" which
covers Netscape 7 and Mozilla 1, neither of which were available at
the time the book was being written.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>                 http://kynn.com