Re: problems with top header

by David Voth <davidvoth(at)shaw.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:02:01 -0700
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:25 PM -0400 26/9/03, Tim Rivera wrote:
>  > IE for Windows shows blue below the image
>
>This may be caused by a bottom margin on the H1. Try adding CSS to
>remove this margin:
>
>#header h1 {
>     margin-bottom: 0;
>     }

That fixed the problem. I also put in margin-top:0;  which fixed a
similar type of problem in Konquerer.

>By the way, I believe the H1 is unnecessary anyway.

I have it in there to provide structure to the HTML.

>>  Opera 5 for the Mac doesn't go all the way down
>>  to the bottom of the image.
>
>As a suggestion, try upgrading to Opera 6.
>http://www.opera.com/products/user/index.dml?platform=mac

I tried Opera 6, but I found it more problematic than Opera 5 on my computer.

>Tim

Thanks for the help.
David

--
Cheamweb "From the Fraser Valley to the World"
	www.cheamweb.com