Re: Nested lists, Font Sizes, IE

by Timothy Luoma <luomat(at)operamail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:35:22 -0500
 To:  Nigel Peck - MIS Web Design <nigel(at)miswebdesign.com>,
hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 06:05:30 -0500, Tim Rivera <lists(at)timrivera.com> wrote:

> Of course, EM's and percentages are values determined by the parent
> element. If you nest lists, each list will be 80% of the parent list font
> size. (For my quick test, this was true in IE6, Mozilla 1.2.1, and Opera
> 7b2.)
>
> A way to get around this would be:
>
> li {font-size: 80%}
> li li {font-size: 100%}

This is why I started to use font keywords (or whatever you want to call
them) because they do not compound:

See http://diveintoaccessibility.org/day_26_using_relative_font_sizes.html
for a good tutorial on using them and working around browser bugs.

TjL

--
Timothy J. Luoma ~ http://tntluoma.com
30 Days to Becoming an Opera Lover