Re: two problems

by J_A_B(at)t-online.de (Jens Brueckmann)

 Date:  Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:39:13 +0100
 To:  grandane <grandane(at)grandane.com>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Pat,

> Added extra to pages the other day and on checking NN it appears that
> nothing written in css is working in this browser, I _must_ have done
> something somewhere, IE is fine........any suggestions?

Look at your style-sheet, id #header. A closing curly brace is missing:

#header  { font-size: 16pt;
            font-family: sans-serif;
            color: white;
            background-color: black;
            width; 100%;

You can validate your style-sheet with the W3C-CSS-Validator:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandane.com%2FFoodbank%2Ffoodbank.css&warning=2&profile=css2&usermedium=all

> Second problem is - rechecked each page for validation all fine until
> reaching certain page, validator says 'p' not allowed here.....so far as
> can see layout is exactly the same as previous pages that I have once
> again
> revalidated.
> Page in question is the 'contact' page of above url......this is as far
> as I
> have got in rechecking validation......

The validator shows 14 errors for this page. I have not looked closely but
the initial error of one missing closing td-tag in line 86 might trigger
all subsequent errors. Correct this and revalidate.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandane.com%2FFoodbank%2Fcontact.html

Hope, this will help :-)

jens