Re: [ANN] Style Sheets Reference Guide has moved!

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Fri, 1 Dec 2000 20:39:23 -0600
 To:  "Eric A. Meyer" <eric(at)meyerweb.com>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org, www-style(at)w3.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is a bit confusing to me. I'm writing about it because I find
this site to be invaluable! I bought the book and it changed my life
*smiles*.

My old non-working url for the Eric Meyer Style sheet is/was
<http://webreview.com/pub/Style_Sheets>.

The new url for the Eric Meyer Style sheet site, which I tracked from
the webreview site <http://webreview.com/> OR
<http://style.webreview.com/>, is
<http://www.webreview.com/style/css1/charts/mastergrid.shtml>. Not
exactly short <g>.

The message I received from when cklicking the mastergrid url below
is, "Not Found The requested URL /mastergrid.html was not found on
this server."

Anyway, keep us posted as to, "will the real url please stand up."
Thanks,
Leslie Berrie

At 11:43 AM -0500 12/1/00, Eric A. Meyer wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>    As part of a major server overhaul and makeover, Web Review has
>changed its directory structure.  As a result, the URL of the Style
>Sheets Reference Guide (SSRG) and its related files all have new
>URLs.  (My apologies to those of you who are seeing this for the
>second or third time.)
>    This change is both good news and bad news.  The good news is
>that <URL:http://style.webreview.com/> still works, and that all the
>URLs are now much shorter.  For example, the mastergrid is now at
><http://style.webreview.com/mastergrid.html>, and that doesn't remap
>to the old, long URL.  The bad news is that the old, long URLs don't
>map to the new locations.  I'm going to be working with the WR staff
>to fix this and ease the transition, but until then..
>    ANY EXISTING HYPERLINK TO SSRG FILES WILL BE BROKEN!!!
>    Sorry to shout, but that's kind of important.  With any luck this
>state of affairs will soon be corrected, but I can't forecast how
>long that will take.  So if you've linked to the SSRG or any of its
>files, please please please update your links.  Thank you.
>    Also, I added Netscape 6 to the charts and the Leader Board,
>which has been revised and is again accessible from the front SSRG
>page. In terms of CSS1 support, NN6 has entered the chart in second
>place. Will the next release bring them the people's ovation and
>fame forever?  The heat will be on![1]
>

>[1] Apologies to "Iron Chef"[2].
>[2] <URL:http://www.ironchef-fujitv.com/>,
>     <URL:http://www.ironchef.com/>
>
>--
>Eric A. Meyer (eric(at)meyerweb.com)   http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
>Author, "CSS: The Definitive Guide" http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/css/
>Editor, Style Sheets Ref. Guide     http://style.webreview.com/
>Coordinator, W3C CSS Test Suite     http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
----------------------------------
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::