Re: Background-image

by "Eric A. Meyer" <eric(at)meyerweb.com>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:16:07 -0500
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Please take a look at this two ways of putting a background-image in a
>tablecell.

>I belive that the second way is the correct way, BUT why does the first way
>works better?

    Both are technically correct, although the second is a little more
forward-looking.  Both should have roughly the same effect, and I've
used both general techniques with no trouble.  However, it's hard to
answer your question without more information, such as:

    * What do you mean by "works better," or alternatively, what about
      the second way is worse than the first?
    * What browser(s) were you using when you decided that one approach
      was less useful than the other?
    * What is the URL of the page which demonstrates the problem?

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric(at)meyerweb.com)   http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Author, "CSS: The Definitive Guide" http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/css/