Re: [ANN] Style Sheets Reference Guide has moved!

by "Eric A. Meyer" <eric(at)meyerweb.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Dec 2000 16:43:59 -0500
 To:  hwg-style(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 20:39 -0600 12/1/00, Leslie(at)wholespace.com wrote:

>My old non-working url for the Eric Meyer Style sheet is/was
><http://webreview.com/pub/Style_Sheets>.

    Right, that one's dead.  It might come back with some redirection
magic, but I don't know when or if that will happen (it's up to the
server admins).

>Anyway, keep us posted as to, "will the real url please stand up."

    I feel the same way. There was some redirecting magic operating
before the site went live, but it apparently was shut off when the
new site debuted.  In theory, you would be able to get to the
mastergrid this way:

      <URL:http://style.webreview.com/mastergrid.html>

However, that doesn't work because apparently they broke the
subdomain mapping, or some such thing.  As it is, it's still possible
to get there with this URL:

      <URL:http://www.webreview.com/style/mastergrid.shtml>

The URL you gave is the full one, and is also correct, but I do a
symlink-based redirection from the above address to the long, correct
one.  The file extensions have been forced into the '.shtml'
convention because the site depends on SSIs and apparently they won't
turn on SSI processing of '.html' files.  Or else they will in the
future, and haven't yet.
    As to why I have the chart buried down in a subdirectory, that
should become apparent over the next few weeks, as I expand the
choices available on and scope of the site.  Look for things to
download, product reviews, and more fun stuff...

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric(at)meyerweb.com)   http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Author, "CSS: The Definitive Guide" http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/css/