RE: traffic

by "Ryan Huggins" <RyanHuggins(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Sep 2000 19:45:56 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've been using Traffic Analyzer for about a month and a half now.  My site
is hosted on Yahoo (formerly Simplenet) and their site statistics tell me I
get about 120 a week, and TA will tell me 6.  I figure that the problem is
that I'm using frames, even though I've talked with tech support and found
out where to place the script.  Over the labor day weekend I redid the site
w/tables hoping that this will solve the problem.  I'm checking now to see
if anything has happened in the last couple of hours.  My only real
criticism of the program is it's east-coast based (I'm in Cali4nia, so the
next day starts at 9pm).  The good news is that my quick check shows that
the problem probably was with the frames.  So, hopefully this will help.

 Ryan Huggins
 WebMaster(at)HugginsHomes.com

--Personal note: Frames bad, Tables good.  Frames are just bad news for the
search engines (per WebPosition's page critic)

Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 21:33:14 -0500
From: Noteworthy Web Designs <webmaster(at)noteworthydesigns.com>
Subject: traffic

Does anyone use Web Position's traffic analyzer? I really like their
search submission and placement, but it seems to me that on many of my
sites, the hits just register too low. Either that, or I have to revamp
my search procedures! Any other suggestions of good alternatives? The
administrator of the server I do reselling with offers WebTrends, but
that's megabucks.

- --
Karen Stafford
Noteworthy Web Designs