Re: Coding

by "Raymond Mosley" <rmosley(at)sprynet.com>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:54:50 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I wonder if we all chasing our tails, wasting time in making sure that
> coding works in every browser.
> I'm a content provider - I want to present my content to as wide an
> audience as possible.

If you want to present your content to as wide an audience as possible,
doesn't it then follow that you should do the best you can to make sure your
code works in "every" browser? As far as the never-ending issues with
Microsoft, Netscape, Opera, et. al., are concerned, isn't it the challenge
of anybody who writes code to write to their anticipated audience, whatever
browser/ platform/ resolution they may use. I just got off the phone with a
client who complained about my perfect graphics - I asked him what he was
using to look at them, as he said, "AOL." Well, there you go - we all know
what happens to graphics in AOL...but what do we do, refuse to deal with AOL
issues?

Raymond Mosley
Calinard Enterprises