mysql/cgi/uploading images?

by "Roger Harness" <magic32(at)jps.net>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:35:05 -0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Another question for you mysql/cgi folks.

I have my tiny little mysql database working. I have a table called cds, and
from a browser, i can now view, add, delete, modify, and sort my CDs.

What im wondering exactly is:
Using cgi and mysql, is it possible to add the the script the capability to
upload an image to my database? i think im pretty confident in the ability
to code in a href tags in the scripts, but i was wondering if its possible
to actually have the cgi scripts be able to graphicly (?) upload an image on
the fly in that script? You know, click on a "Upload image" or "Browse for
image" button, then be able to let the user select his/her image they want
to upload, and upload it in the database table?

Does this question make sense? Can I do it with just these tools? or do i
need some knowledge of vbbasic or something else?

I've never coded an html form tag for "Upload" :)

Like i've said before, this isn't a life of deather...just something i was
wondering if i could do, knowing what i know now. (or not knowing).

tia,

-roger harness