RE: Passing paramters between windows

by "Brett Errington" <brett(at)opensearch.com>

 Date:  Sun, 5 May 2002 21:55:37 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi

You can do this three ways (well probabli more but these are the first
that come to mind).

1. Just simply set a variable in the parent (source) window and retrieve
it in the child window (photo window).
	In Parents:
		MyVariable = "something";
	In Child:
		Image = parent.MyVariable;

2. Tag the variables on the end of the URL string as parameters like so:
	http://www.domain.com/page.html?MyVariable=Something
You can then use JavaScript to retrieve the values from the URL. You can
find instructions on this at http://imptech.net.

3. If you got access to a server side language such as ASP then you can
do the same thing as number two but instead of using JavaScript, use the
ASP to retrieve the values which is a lot easier. For example in ASP all
you do is:
	MyVariable = request.querystring("MyVariable")

If you need more help let me know.

Later,
Mr Brett

"That's a pain that will surely linger, and that's no lie"
- Ed Grimely