RE: Spammers/Scammers and formats used

by "Michael Kear" <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>

 Date:  Sat, 11 Jan 2003 10:54:57 +1100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
That Nigerian scam has been going since at least before World War II,
and I read somewhere it's the second largest industry in Nigeria. There
must be a LOT of slow-witted idiots with a lot of money I think.

Even if you accept the emails as truthful (HAH!!) why would you give
your bank account details to someone who is by his own admission is a
corrupt crook???   That's the whole point of the message - "I'm a thief
and a corrupt crook, so just give me the keys to your wallet and I'll
fill it with money for you!"   Gawd love us. .there are some mugs around
aren't there.

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia