RE: Website Comments

by Jason <dawgclan(at)shaw.ca>

 Date:  Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:56:03 -0800
 To:  "'cbirds'" <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
PHP is a Server Side language, ruling out Javascript problems of client
incompatibility. Your server needs to support PHP in order to use it. In
the page I showed you, http://ozeco.dawgclan.net I use PHP, to check for
a variable "page". If it's found, include that page in the main table
via php include, so you don't see any of the including etc. All you will
see is the Output HTML, All the included pages are just text files as
.inc.php, you can name the extension anything you want but inc.php is
the best extension. All I have in the main files usually is the table of
data still in html style. Then it just adds that page wherever you tell
it to include. I was unsure if this is a good method though. It does
keep all pages in the same format and style. But what about Meta-Tags,
Should I keep them all the same from the index.php and just add a
metakeyword page by echo'ing it? Or should I put different Meta-Tags on
each page with a php variable on each page? Also I would like some
suggestions on what to do for style. This is a professional business
page, and I'm not artistic, I just code.
Need any more info? Post away and I'll answer them.
Thanks
Jason