RE: Uncharted territory & Dawgclan Network Downloader

by Jason <dawgclan(at)shaw.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 09 May 2003 14:10:19 -0700
 To:  "'Octavian Rasnita'" <orasnita(at)home.ro>,
"'cbirds'" <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>,
"'HWG'" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"'Kevin Waterson'" <kevin(at)oceania.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would not bother using a MySQL database for my content script, unless
I would be posting a lot of content. There are a lot of nice bulletin
board portals also that will grab posts from a forum ID then list it on
a page. I use PHP includes for my website: http://www.dawgclan.net
index.php contains my structure (or template) and the menu is an include
menu.inc.php, content changes via the querystring "page" so
index.php?page=files includes files.inc.php, you could also make a
script to disable menu from a querystring, mine is menu=disabled.

Also I have just released a local download script. It is available for
download on the website. It is a PHP script written by myself, runs on
text file not MySQL. I feel it's un-necessary, unless your making a big
file database. Feel free to check it out, I am looking for bug reports,
and feedback to improve it.
http://www.dawgclan.net?page=files&menu=disabled
Hope this helps,
Jason