RE: BEST Security Config for e-Commerce

by "Chris Bickford" <cbickford(at)sitebuilder.org>

 Date:  Fri, 4 Feb 2000 20:06:54 -0600
 To:  "'Francois de Beer'" <fbeer(at)sars.gov.za>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Francois de Beer wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> On In-House NT Server and IIS talkin to a Separate SQL Server6.5/7, What
> would YOUR Suggestions be on secure e-Commerce transactions?

First, for securing NT, I'd check out the NT bastion paper:
http://people.hp.se/stnor

We did a project to create a secure DMZ for a customer.  This page details
the architecture:
http://www.sitebuilder.org/stories/failover.shtml

The Firewalls are checkpoint, and the local directors are set to not bridge.

--
Chris Bickford- cbickford(at)sitebuilder.org -Director,Technical Services
The sitebuilder.org Company - http://www.sitebuilder.org/