RE: screen resolution

by "tim booker" <timbooker(at)lineone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:59:16 -0000
 To:  <hgquinn(at)attglobal.net>,
<denise(at)amun-ra.demon.co.uk>
 Cc:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I Agree,

Ever since I bought new equipment and started working at 1600*1200, I very
rarely surf in a maximised browser window.  In fact, I usually resize the
browser to approximately 800*600 pixels!

It is true that a lot of people now use 1024*768, but, according to hit
statistics for all of my sites, 800*600 is still the most common resolution.

Therefore, it occurs to me that sites should be acceptable at 640*480 (ie.
no important bits chopped off), and should be able to look good at 800*600
and 1024*768.

Always keep resolution in mind.  It is possible, with a bit of intelligent
design, to create a site that looks stunning on all resolutions.

Tim

timbooker(at)lineone.net